Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It's here!

School. Would it be too cliche to say that it feels like summer just started? Probably, but that's literally how it feels. It seems like just yesterday we were throwing a bonfire in honor of finishing finals... I'm going to embrace the nerdiness inside of me, however, and say I'm actually kind of glad school is starting. Don't get me wrong, I love summer. I thoroughly enjoy sleeping in until noon everyday. But I'm the type of person who needs something to do, a purpose. After a while spending day after day doing nothing and having nothing that needs to be done gets a little old. It would have helped if I had managed to find a job... But no such luck. I'm also excited to see some friends that I didn't get a chance to see this summer.

Another reason I'm excited for school? School supplies. I can't even begin to explain to you my obsession with school supplies, office supplies, etc. If it's cute, color coordinated, accessible, and organizational you can bet I want it. This probably indicates I have a touch of OCD, combined with a touch of ADHD. I'm a helpless cause. It seems everywhere I go, the mall, the grocery store, Target, anywhere, there's school supplies (or office supplies or dorm supplies). Don't even get me started on dorm stuff. The day I get accepted into a college and need to buy stuff for my dorm will be the highlight of my life. Those stores had better stock up because I will buy the place out. It's like a second Christmas!

I should probably tell you that I live in a college town. The college itself isn't huge, but it's big enough. And the majority of the places I go are around campus (plus my mom works in the accounting department). So, at least to me, when summer rolls around the town seems to kind of empty out. When fall comes, though, you can see the student population pour back in. I guess it's that energy that makes me like fall, and school starting, so much. The excitement and activity just add so much, you can't help but get drawn in.

Tomorrow's my last day of freedom. How do I plan on spending it? Cleaning my car, getting my supplies ready, bathing the dogs, and reorganizing my desk. What a way to bring the summer close with a bang!

3 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOOVE school supplies. and college shopping? SO MUCH FUN

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here! i love school supply shopping. it makes me feel special, picking out the colored pens. i wish i could stay at staples for ever. lol. :)

    check mine?: http://www.listenthenspeak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, just read this and Oh My God. More weird freaky coincidences.

    I live in a college town, my mom works there, and I am obsessed with colorful organizational things and love school supplies. I've always said that it is because I'm OCD and ADD.

    So freaky weird.

    ReplyDelete