Today while I was having my yearly checkup at the doctor's office I was reminded of my first experience giving blood at school. As you know, if you've ever given blood, it takes awhile for them to get all the blood they need from you. However, I started to grow impatient when I noticed it was taking a little bit longer to get my blood. That's when the irrational side of my brain came out to play. As I lay there looking at the ceiling I all but convinced myself that I had been forgotten. Panic began to set in as I imagined what would soon happen. Eventually all of my blood would be emptied from my body and I would, obviously, die. I know, this is ridiculous. First, the bags aren't big enough to allow this to happen. And, second, they probably wouldn't forget someone. But I couldn't help thinking it. Have you guys ever thought this? Or is there some other irrational fear/experience that you have? Sometimes you just can't help but think of disastrous things that could happen. I will not allow this to keep me from giving blood again.
Lex has bestowed upon me
- I have a slight addiction to googling things. For example, I just googled the expression 'bear with me.' Apparently, 'bear with me' means a request for forbearance or patience. 'Bare with me' would be an invitation to undress.
- I have a tan. I HAVE A TAN! And it's not fake.
- My confirmation name is Cecilia after St. Cecilia the patron of music.
- I love all things Mario Brothers and Nintendo. [Hence the new banner.]
- In order to prevent my fear from becoming real, hoarding, I have taken a step in the opposite direction. My name is Kate and I am a compulsive cleaner. [I just googled compulsive. So I guess that makes me a compulsive googler, also.]
Free to Dance
Imagine Me Complexly
Life As I Know It
|"Bare with me?"|