Saturday, February 4, 2012

January Favorites

BAND/ARTIST: Frank Sinatra I've always been a huge Frank Sinatra fan. My dad listens to a lot of "old-timey" singers like Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, and Jim Croce [Jim Croce has nothing to do with Frank and Bing. Oh well]. So I guess you could say I grew up listening to them and learning to appreciate them. I stole a greatest hits CD from my brother. I've tried to listen to all the songs fairly, but I have to admit that "Fly Me to the Moon" and "The Way You Look Tonight" are definitely my favorites. I am absolutely in love with Frank Sinatra's voice. I could go on and on about it, but I feel like I wouldn't do his voice any justice. If you haven't already, you NEED to listen to him sing. He has the voice of angel.

SONG: "We Found Love" by Rihanna I freaking love this song. I know it's repetitive and mostly just a dance mix. But I think that's the reason why I love it so much. It's just so catchy! Anytime I hear I immediately start dancing. Even when I'm driving. Don't worry, I'm off driving court supervision and my ticket's gone. And I also really like the lyrics. And just watched the music video for the first time. It's pretty... whack. I mean, that's the only word I have for it. She's half naked for the whole thing! You know what, I think that makes me like it even more. Whatever. Go Rihanna.

BOOK: The Once and Future King by T.H. White This book is taking me FOREVER to read. That's the reason it's my favorite this month, it's literally the only book I've read in the past month and a half. In fact, I'm still reading it. But it would probably be my favorite of the month, anyway. It's really intellectual. I don't know if any of you have read this, or even heard of it. It's my dad's all-time favorite book, and he really wanted me to read it. I wouldn't have heard of it if it weren't for him. The Once and Future King is about King Arthur, Guenever, Lancelot, and the Knights of the Round Table. It begins with King Arthur's childhood and just goes on from there. Like I said before, it is not a fast read by any means. But if Camelot or King Arthur or Lancelot interests you in any way, I highly suggest this book. T.H. White writes in a very intellectual, yet creative way; it'll definitely make you think.

BLOGGER: Ferweh Fernweh is an collaborated, online magazine managed by six girls, who all have their own separate blogs I believe. Actually, Carlotta who I featured in my November Favorites post is one of the writers. It covers a lot of different creative areas. There's cooking, photography, stories, DIYs, poetry, and a lot more that I'm probably leaving out. I actually made some chocolate pumpkin bars from a recipe I found on their blog, and the bars were delicious. "Blending the past with the present, Fernweh is a collective guide to life made lovely." [from Ferweh]

TV SHOW: The Big Bang Theory I know I'm super late to the party, but The Big Bang Theory is a hilariously, genius TV show. I just want to cuddle all of them. Especially Sheldon. If you haven't already seen it, it's about two roommates/friends that live together, Leonard and Sheldon. They're really smart [especially Sheldon] researchers at a university in California. They have two other friends, Howard and Raj, who also work at the university. Leonard and Sheldon live in an apartment across the hall from Penny, an aspiring actress working at the Cheesecake Factory. Please watch it. It's smart funny, not stupid funny [not that stupid funny is always bad..].

VIDEO GAME: L.A. Noire L.A. Noire is set in approximately 1920's Los Angeles. You play as a detective working different types of cases. You start out as a beat cop and work your way up the law enforcement ladder. You have to search crime scenes, examine evidence, question suspects, follow leads, and investigate lots of different apartments. And the medical examiner always wants to search the body for semen. The is rated R. Just a warning. It's also really long. Literally. There's three different discs for it. I'm currently on the second disc. If you really like murder mysteries and the 1920's this game is for you. It's also not a first-person game, which is always a plus in my book. No matter how many times I play Portal I always get vertigo.

THING: Slippers Yes, more footwear! I bought a pair of $10, ugly slippers at the grocery store three weeks ago. They're not really cute at all, but they're warm. And to me, that's all that's important. I mean, it's not like I'm wearing them out in public.


And guess what! I'll be eighteen in three days, on February 7. That's so weird. I'll be an adult. I've also got a new feature to introduce that will hopefully force me to blog more regularly. In case you haven't noticed, I'm exactly on any sort of schedule or deadline system.

2 comments:

  1. Happy early Birthday! I love Frank Sinatra too. We used one of his songs for our first dance at our wedding reception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love big bang theory too!

    ReplyDelete