Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 23

A picture of your favorite book.
Instead of making myself pick a favorite Harry Potter book, I'm just going to say that they are collectively my favorite book/series. I began reading them in the second grade after the first movie came out. After that I was pretty much addicted for life. My dad loves them just as much as I do. For me, they're really the books that got me hooked on reading. I know as a seven year old you don't do a whole lot of reading, but there was a definite increase in my reading time after reading the first book. I don't know what it is. The characters, the plot, the quality of the writing. But there's just so much more that I don't even know if I can put it into words. Every time I reread one of the books I discover something I hadn't noticed before. Maybe a scene that explains something that happened in another book. Or a clever/witty remark or statement. It's more than just good versus evil. It's about doing what you know is right even if it's not the easy thing to do. Being loyal to those you love. Knowing that you're not alone, and that it's okay to trust others and accept help.

I know it's corny to say but Harry Potter really was my childhood. I've lost count of how many times I've read each book. It became tradition for me to reread the whole series every summer. Obviously, you can tell that these books have been read a lot [as I said my dad reads them, too]. We have doubles of all the books except for the first and the sixth. The last book has inscriptions written in the inside cover from when my dad and I went to the midnight release together. I really could go on and on about how much Harry Potter has impacted my life. But in the end, Harry Potter will always be a part of who I am.

1 comment: