Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Still here!

World champs baby! GO PACK GO!
I feel like a super huge jerk. I promised I'd be all regular on posting and not go a long time without one. Sigh. I'm sorry! But last Monday (my birthday) I left school sick and was out the whole week. There is possibly nothing more that I hate than missing school. I hate make up work. I hate making up tests. And I hate making up lessons. I hate to make up five days. ihatemylifeihatemylifeihatemylife. But as of today I am all caught up. Praise God, Hallelujah! It was just the flu (with a mine bladder infection) but it sucked nonetheless.

The up side? I got to watch my favorite daytime shows! On TNT: Supernatural and Las Vegas. On ABC Family: Boy Meets World, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Full House, Still Standing, and Gilmore Girls. Well now I feel like a huge bum. Oh well, I was sick that makes it all acceptable.


Has anyone seen the commercials for I am Number Four and Beastly? I want to see both so so badly! I don't know if it has so much to do with the actual plot as it does with Alex Pettyfer. I know, I know, he's kind of the typical hot guy. But he's so attractive! And it looks like he might actually be a good actor. Seventeen did a little write up on him. I ate it up, of course. What can I say? There's just parts of me that will always be the typical teenage girl. And I am 100% okay with that.

A couple of months ago I went through this whole ordeal (for want of a better word). It was around homecoming and I was just becoming so stressed. School was turning out to be harder than I thought it was going to be, I was trying to decide if it was really worth it to be friends with the girls I was friends with, all my extra-curriculars were really demanding, and basically all my energy was just spent. (Talk about a run-on. My English teacher would be furious.) In the end school got manageable,  I decided my friends were not worth it and found new ones, and I cut back on my extra stuff. One was yearbook, which I think had more to do with my friends. I signed up with two of them, and I wasn't really that enthused by it anyways. But the other was piano.

You see, I've been taking piano lessons since I was six. I'll do the math for you, that means I've been playing for about eleven years. Piano used to be my life. I took with several different teachers before I found my last one. She's kind of like a local celebrity for piano. I think she might have been on the Tonight Show or something like that. She's amazing. Like, seriously, amazing. She specializes in ragtime and it's just so mind-blowing to hear her play. She started teaching  at the local university in the preparatory department and that's where I took. I actually went through a period in my life where I thought piano could my occupation. I love it.

Well, as a result of the whole ordeal I ended stopping lessons. Which was huge. Major. I'm not trying to brag, but I'm really good. I was Mrs M's star pupil. Last year I won first overall at the preparatory honor's concert. So naturally everyone thought I was absolutely crazy. Which I think is totally wrong. I think I just lost my passion for it. My heart wasn't in it. I felt stressed, panicked, and lost it. I just kept getting this overwhelming feeling that I sucked and I would choke at the next recital. But I've been thinking a lot about it and I believe I need to start my lessons again. If God gave me that talent I need to use it. I just feel so guilty for giving up on something that once was so important to me. And I kind of feel like I let down Mrs M. That's why I keep procrastinating calling her. I dread facing her, I just don't know how I can do it. But I have to. I have to suck it up and just do it.

Okay. Now that I've given myself a mini-pep talk here's one last thing. I stole this meme from DB. I love it! It's a handwriting thing and all you have to do is write down these things on a piece of paper, take a picture, and post.
1. What's your name/your Blogger name?
2. What's your blog's name/URL?
3. Write "the quick fox jumps over the lazy dog"
4. Favorite quote?
5. Your favorite song?
6. Your favorite band/singers?
7. Anything else you want to say?
8. Tag 3-5 other people

Whoops! I cut off my name
 'Tis all! I swear on my dead hamster Hammy's grave to post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment