Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 02

A picture of you and the person you have been closest with for the longest period of time.
Well, it's more like the people I've been closest to the longest period of time. Caryn's the one on the right and Kayla's the one in the middle. I started at my current school when I was in the fifth grade; that's when I became friends with Caryn. Her and another girl were the first friends I ever made. I don't know if any of you have ever been that new kid, but it's not easy. Especially when you know no one. I've lived in the same neighborhood my whole life, but I never hung out with any of the public school kids. There were a fair number of families living in my neighborhood that also attended the private school I went to. I think it was about a month before we became really close. But it basically stayed that way  until the end of middle school. We got into some fall out with the other girl. You know, one of those dumb middle school dramas, it's like the end of the world. Of course, now I really can't even remember what it was about.

I became friends with Kayla a year after that. The way it works at my school is until you get into middle school your class is divided up into three different classes. I wasn't in a class with Kayla so I didn't really know her. Most of her friends were in my class, though, so we had a bunch of mutual friends so we started being friends that way. We all used to hang out every weekend, usually at my house because I basically lived right in town and my parents were willing to drive us places. We would watch movies, camp out on my trampoline, TP this kid's house that I liked, roam my neighborhood and the nearby park, go to the movies, ice skate in the winter, and a bunch of other random stuff.

I'm not really as close with them as I used to be. We've all kind of grown apart, I guess. Which really makes me sad, now that I think about it (isn't that always the case?). We were super close and knew each other so well. This picture was taken about 3 or 4 weeks after I got my license. We decided to go on a random adventure one night. I think we went to Target, Dollar General, Steak 'n' Shake, and then we went and met Caryn's boyfriend. I kind of miss it, but we're different people now. I know that no matter how hard we could try it probably wouldn't be the same. But I also know that I could still go to either of them about anything if I needed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment