Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Show Me the Money!

(I could really use some right now...)
Top 2 Things You've Learned About Money
  1. Impulse shopping is not a good idea. I'll admit this is a pretty obvious one. But it's probably one of my worst habits, I just can't help myself! Nothing's more exciting than finding a random little trinket that you can't live without. It's worse when I go shopping with my dad because we're both impulse shoppers. We practically encourage each other. But I can't even describe how cluttered my room is because of this habit. I've got so much useless crap taking space in my room, it's ridiculous. If you didn't plan on buying it, it most likely won't be of any use. Therefore, you've wasted money that could be spent on more practical things. (However, I do acknowledge the fact that impulse shopping can be fun and okay in some instances. Like if you're on a trip and find something that you probably won't at home.)
  2. Being frugal isn't a bad thing. Again, a pretty obvious one, but I think it's super important. Both my parents are accountants, so you can imagine the type of household I grew up in. Well, my dad isn't exactly frugal... He loves to spend just as much as I do, which is a lot. But my mom keeps a type grip on the check book. She's probably the most frugal person I know, if not the most frugal in the world. It use to annoy me so much when she wouldn't buy me things that I really wanted or we had to by the cheaper brand. But now that I'm older I understand a lot more. Because she's so frugal she's able to by us nicer things for holidays or birthdays. Also, we've gone on a family vacation every summer for as long as I can remember. Which isn't cheap. But because she's so frugal we've been able to do this, and I'm grateful for that. I've had some of the best times on those trips and I really do believe those experiences have brought us closer as a family. Things like that are really only possible from saving your money. Oh, and bills. Never forget the bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment