Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Adieu.


It's sad to say, but I've come to the realization that some friendships just aren't meant to last. They call friendship a flower, it's a beautiful thing. It blossoms and flourishes to become a colorful, magnificent flower. But like most flowers, it will wither and die. Maybe that's just how they are, but I find it hard to believe that it's meant to be that way. Once it withers, though, there's no going back. Things are said, looks are exchanged, that you can never take back.

People grow and change. I had always been told that as I grow older I would most likely grow apart from people I called my best friends. I never listened to them, I thought they were wrong. There was no way that could happen to us. This wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong. As a matter of fact we did change. I, for the better, all though I know she disagrees. We no longer see eye-to-eye, she thrives on the drama she denies she created. I leave my seeds of secrets to people now closer to my heart and mind. I know she resents that, but how should I trust someone who talks behind my back?

I don't want to lay the blame on either side, I know that isn't fair. But I think that if she really had wanted to save the friendship we had, she should have came to me. It is not all right to talk to others, without talking to me, and tell how it's all my fault. It is not okay to go to Facebook and make an accusatory status about me. It may not have been direct, but everyone was aware of whom it was about. Come to me first, if you really wanted to fix it. I cannot honestly believe you cared all that much.

I've come to the conclusion that this flower is dead. The petals are shed, the stem is dry, and the colors have faded. I never thought that I would say this, but it's kind of a relief. I know where I stand. I know who I am. I think she should know that I've moved on from our friendship. After all that's happened I don't think it could ever be the same. So let's just part ways and leave things be. We're older now and I really don't find all this drama worth the hassle. I smile at the thought of all the good times we had, and, in the end, that's what I'll remember most.

No comments:

Post a Comment