Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 12

A picture of something you love.
I love books. The end. I will be the first to admit that I am a huge nerd/bookworm. Ever since I read the Harry Potter series back in the 2nd grade I've been a non-stop reading machine. The picture above is my own personal library. I have more books than are in the picture, but, as you can see, I've run out of room. So I've hijacked my brother's matching bookcase to use. Except that means clearing out an entire section of my room. This would be a problem because I am a huge pack rat and will probably someday be featured on Hoarders. I have a feeling it's going to be a summer long project.

I can't really say what I love about reading so much. To me, it doesn't even really matter what I'm reading, just as long as I'm reading. I guess it's the escape of it all. You just immerse yourself in the story, get lost in it. You can learn about different lifestyles, cultures, the past, anything. Maybe that's it, seeing into a life different from your own.

I, of course, read all the cute little novels specifically aimed towards teenage girls. I mean, what teenage girl doesn't? But after reading Pride and Prejudice in the 8th grade I've been a huge fan of 19th century books. I believe I've said this before, but I own the complete works of Jane Austen. Needless to say, Jane Austen is one of my all-time favorite authors. I'm also a huge fan of the Bronte sisters. And I also own the complete works of Sarah Dessen [who's totally pumped for her next book?!]. And, obviously, Harry Potter is the best of all. Those books will forever hold a special place in my heart. Not only did they introduce me to the wonderful world of literature, I grew up with those books! For almost 10 years now I've lived during the reign of Harry Potter. My dad and I sort of share a special bond over the whole Harry Potter thing. We're huge fans, every time a book was released we went to the midnight releasings. I will bawl like a baby at the last movie, that's for sure.

I felt the need to include of picture of my collection corner. As in my very large collection of DVDs, books, and CDs. *Pack rat*


4 comments:

  1. LOVE! I don't have a bookshelf :( I want one

    I spy those Gallagher Girl books! I read the first two. But I stopped after that. Were they good enough to read the rest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need a good bookshelf, too. Motivation to get one! Woo! Looks like a wonderful collection corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Jane Austen! She is my favorite author, and I've been in love ever since the first time I read Pride and Prejudice, which is my favorite book now. Its fun to be a bookworm, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is NOTHING like being lost in a good book. ultimate and utter escape? travel from the comfort of one's own bed--chair? experience? who knows why it's so good, it just is.

    ReplyDelete