Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Oh BEDA.

I was all nice and comfy in my bed watching Chelsea Lately when I realized I hadn't blogged today. Sigh. Oh BEDA, ruining my sleep schedule. Just kidding, I do that pretty well on my own. Is it sad that I'm basing this weekend on when I can sleep? I think it's a sign that summer can't come fast enough.

I'm not really sure what reminded me of BEDA. My subconscious maybe? But I have noticed that I do my deepest thinking while lying in bed trying to fall asleep. Has this ever happened to you? Usually I reflect back on the day and think of the next day and some random topic pops into my mind. [This also happens while I'm in the shower, but we won't go there.] I guess it's because there's really nothing else I should be doing, besides BEDA, except sleeping. I don't have to sit there and think about all the things I need to get done. I can just let my mind wander.

This is usually when I think a lot about my future. All my plans for going to college, what I want to do with my life, where I want to go. Honestly, I think I've planned out my whole life whilst lying on my bed waiting for sleep to take over. I know now that I want to major in accouting [so dry! but I can't help it, it's in my DNA] and minor in foreign business. The one constant I've always known about my future career is traveling. I have always wanted to live in a foreign country, one where I have to learn a foreign language. And for some reason I always imagine myself in Germany. Don't really know why I picked a country with a hard language to learn... My dad lived in Holland for 3 years when he was in his 20s. He's told me numerous times that it was probably the most life changing thing he's ever done. It forces you to learn a whole new culture and language, suddenly you're just there and you have to make do and survive.

This isn't working, I can barely keep my eyes open. I promise that tomorrow I'll remember at a more decent time.

1 comment:

  1. awww get some sleep!!!!


    And that's really exciting you figured out your major and future plans. It's always a relief when you can finally look forward to something instead of worrying about it.

    ReplyDelete